This is Ginataang Halo Halo (Coconut Milk Dessert with Banana Sweet Potatoes and Tapioca Pearls). Guinataang Halo Halo or Binignit is a Filipino mid-day snack or sometimes dessert that is made out of sweet potato, taro, yam and cassava, cardaba bananas , tapioca pearls and jackfruit. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 1/4 cup of saging na saba (cardava banana), sliced
- 1/2 cups of sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup of ripe langka (jackfruit), sliced
- 20 pieces of bilo-bilo (sticky glutinous rice balls)
- 2 cups of small sago (tapioca pearls), cooked
- 1/2 cup of gabi (taro roots), diced
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- Pour water in a large cooking pot and apply heat.
- Let boil.
- Add 2 cups of coconut milk then wait until it re-boils.
- Add sweet potato.
- Add gabi and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and glutinous rice balls then stir.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add saging na saba, then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the Langka, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Slowly slide in the cooked sago then stir.
- Simmer for 1 minute then turn off heat.
- Serve hot.