This is Coconut Macaroons. Coconut Macaroons are made with surprisingly few ingredients. Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle and irresistibly good. They are so easy and fun to make. They are also versatile. You can add different toppings and decorations to them if you like. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 4 large egg whites
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325Â° Fahrenheit.
- Beat the egg whites, sugar and vanilla using a handheld or electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the sweetened shredded coconut and continue mixing.
- This is the point where you can mix in any of the special ingredients that you like to make your recipe more unique. But if you want the simple macaroon without any add-ons, you can skip this part.
- Now using a small ice cream scooper or tablespoon, drop the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges turn a golden brown color.
- Now remove the pan from the oven and let them cool before you remove them from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can also mix in any dried fruits such as raspberries, pineapple tidbits and cranberries. And when the macaroons are done you can also add any toppings that you like such as sprinkles or chopped nuts or maybe even a drizzle of white or dark chocolate.