This is Crispy Pork Belly Adobo. Crispy Pork Belly Adobo is pork belly cooked adobo style then baked to make the skin of the pork belly crispy. Undeniably unhealthy but irresistibly good. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 pound of pork belly, cut into 2-3 inch square pieces
- 1/2 cup Silver Swan soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3-4 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1 head garlic, slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Put all the ingredients in a pot with the belly meat side down (skin side up).
- Simmer for a half hour over low heat with the pot covered.
- Turn the meat over to one of the uncooked sides every 30 minutes.
- After an an hour and a half has passed, turn the heat off and leave it uncovered with the skin side of the meat facing up.
- Leave the meat uncovered for a few hours so the skin dries out.
- Transfer the pieces of pork belly to a baking dish with the skin side up.
- Save the adobo sauce from simmering the pork belly for use when serving.
- Bake the pork belly pieces for 10-15 minutes at 375F.
- Then broil the meat until the skin looks crispy being careful not to burn it.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven when it's done.
- Reheat the abodo sauce you saved from earlier.
- Serve the crispy pork belly with white rice smothered with adobo sauce.