This is Minatamis na saging with a twist. Minatamis na Saging is a dessert dish made of saging na saba and are sweetened by cooking in a sweet mixture of water, lemon and sugar. But this particular dessert is different from the usual minatamis na saging. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 6 ripe saba bananas
- 1/4 cup of honey
- A few drops of kalamansi juice
- Sweetened condensed milk (as much or as little as you want)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- Cinnamon powder
- Peel the saba bananas and cut each in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Fry the bananas in hot butter until lightly browned.
- In a clean saucepan, pour the honey and the kalamansi juice.
- Set over medium heat and add the bananas.
- Toss to coat each piece well and cook for about a minute and a half.
- The saba bananas will turn darker shade of brown and they will also be shiny.
- Place a few pieces of bananas on a dessert plate.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
You can also add water and vanilla if you want according to your taste.