This is Beef Mami. Beef Mami is one variation of a noodle soup dish which originated in northern Asia, particularly in China. Chicken or beef are the most common varieties of this noodle soup. This is a typical meryenda or mid-afternoon snack that is nice to have during cold weather. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 pound of beef brisket
- 14 ounces of egg noodles, cooked
- 4 to 5 hard boiled eggs, sliced in half
- 1 to 2 pieces of beef bouillon cube
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 6 pieces of star anise
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup of chinese cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a cooking pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic and onions.
- Place the beef brisket in the pot and cook both sides until brown.
- Add the beef bouillon cubes and star anise.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil until beef becomes tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cooked egg noodles and Chinese cabbage in a serving bowl.
- Pour the soup and beef brisket into the bowl then add sliced boiled egg and sprinkle with chopped spring onions for garnish.
- Serve hot.