There is nothing more convenient for a meal on the go than a good smoothie. They are a great option if you are trying to be more health-conscious too. Smoothies have the reputation of being a health food due to the quality of ingredients and nutritional value found in most of them. However, some of the smoothies you’ll find out there are still loaded with sweeteners and other less desirable ingredients. So do be careful when picking your smoothies. This recipe makes a great morning meal. It’s loaded with fruits that are high in vitamin C and it gets antioxidants from the green tea. You can’t go wrong and you will love it!
- 7 1/2 ounces of green tea (cold)
- 6 ounces of orange juice, frozen in cubes
- 4 ounces of mango, cut into cubes and frozen
- 2 ounces of pineapple, cut into cubes and frozen
- 2 ounces of strawberries, frozen
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chai seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, except for the honey and chai seeds.
- Run the blender on high for 2-3 minutes or until the fruit is well blended.
- Now add the honey and chai seeds to the blender.
- Blend again on high for another minute.
- Transfer the smoothie to a cup and enjoy immediately or put it in the freezer to enjoy later.
You can use other varieties of tea instead of green tea if you happen to have something else available. You can even use water if you don't have any cold tea readily available. Be sure not to use hot tea. The difference in temperature tends to make the smoothie too soft and melted for my liking.